Friday, January 4, 2013

INTRODUCING



Hello my name is Nicole. I am currently attending the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising where I am studying Business Management and I recently just earned my Associate of Arts degree in Visual Communications from here as well. Attending FIDM has opened up my eyes to so many career possibilities that my mind is beginning to change (which I figured would happen). I was a visual merchandiser (I helped open a new store called Love Story) and it was an amazing experience, but I am learning that I want to try all different aspects of the fashion industry. Interning for LOOKBOOK.nu was truly an amazing experience and it made me realize that I love being a part of a production. I love to see things come to life from paper to reality. For now I am working at Anthropologie, which is my dream store to work at. I did apply 3 times to 3 different Anthropologies, but like they say third time is a charm and I finally got in. I am learning that in this industry you have to have to be so persistent to get what you want. This is not an easy industry to enter, but I can honestly say that I am ready for it. Fashion really has become my everything.   































Hey there my name is Carly. I am your not so average high school senior. I knew since the sixth grade I wanted to attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and study Visual Communications. It has been my dream school since then and I have only six more months until I am there! During high school I have made it a point to do everything I can to better prepare myself for the fashion industry. I have been working in retail for two years now and I am currently at ALDO shoes. I have gained skills that I know will contribute to success in my future. Besides working in retail I live to compete! I compete in costume design competitions and I found a true passion in doing so. I also intern for designer, Ani Lee. Interning for Ani Lee has been a wonderful experience and I can't wait to be even further in the industry. For now I am going to focus on my fashion line for my school's upcoming fashion show along with one of my last costume design competitions. Just counting down the days till I take my first steps on to the FIDM campus as a FIDM student. Fashion has become my way of life.





















URBAN PALETTE. Finally our blog has come to life. We talked about doing a blog for a long time and we finally made time and made it happen. Although we know the blogging world has become huge we figured it would be amazing to share our own journey though photographs and document our lives. 

These two first met when Nicole was a senior in high school and Carly was a freshman. Nicole was getting ready for the school's annual fashion show and she was scouting for models. Carly sent in an application to be a model and Nicole stumbled across her picture. We can pretty much say the rest is history. 

We were brought together through fashion and fashion is where we will continue to grow.

XOXO 



No comments:

Post a Comment